Saturday, January 15, 2011

One Word

Just a day or so ago I stumbled upon an interesting site... stumbleupon.com. While it has its faults, I have found some really neat things through it. While searching under the topic of writing, I stumbled upon a little site called oneword.com. It's very simple: every day it feeds you a word, and you have 60 seconds to write the first thing that comes to mind. It's brilliant - a fast, easy and painless writing exercise that forces you to jump right into your idea and tell it fast. I generally don't work well under pressure, particularly when it comes to writing, so this is the perfect tool to get me used to writing with a time limit. Also, it doesn't allow for rambling (which I'm prone to). I'm really excited to be using it. Here's my very first try:


Edition

It was the first edition. He couldn’t believe it. Years of searching, traveling the world… His fingers went to it, slowly, hesitantly. Should he dare touch it? It was a dream… so fragile it might shatter with that first touch, along with everything he had ever hoped for.

No comments:

Post a Comment